What is Mission Year?

Mission Year is a year long urban ministry program focused on Christian service and discipleship. Teams of young adults are placed in areas of need, and help to serve people and create community. Mission Year is committed to Jesus' command to "love God and love people," by placing the needs of our neighbors first and developing committed disciples of Christ with a heart for the poor.

Friday, August 1, 2014

Money! Money! Moneyyyy!

I've been getting a lot of questions regarding financial support for Mission Year. Hopefully you'll find all of your questions answered here, but if not feel free to ask!

How much money are you raising? 

I'm encouraged to raise a total of $12,000

Where does the money go?

All funds donated to me go towards my personal Mission Year account and offsets the cost of housing, utilities, groceries, health insurance, a monthly stipend, and transportation costs within the city. 

When do you have to have all the money? 


By the end of my term of service, July 2015.


What happens if you don't raise $12,000?


Mission Year will walk alongside me both before and during my year of service to assist with fundraisers and raising support through donors.

I can't donate right now, are there other ways I can support you? 

If you follow my donation site(https://missionyear.thankyou4caring.org/arliciaetienne) you can set up a payment for a future date. Of course your prayers are always a great way to support :) If you'd like to send me a care package, I can provide you with my address. 

Are you getting paid? 

I will be getting a monthly stipend of $70. Yes, I said seventy dollars a month! These funds are for hygiene products and anything else I want to buy. 

Please understand that this stipend DOES NOT reflect the value of work that I am doing. I am not being underpaid or undervalued, there is a method behind the madness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment